When Should a Mold Detector in Ashburn, VA Be Brought Into a Home?

Just the mention of mold often causes fear in the average homeowner. In addition to the health risks associated with mold, they also begin to worry about the cost of a Mold Detector in Ashburn VA, as well as the costs for treatment. Despite the bill that comes along with the service, there are certain times when a detector needs to be called just to provide homeowners with some peace of mind.

Water Leaks and/or Flooding

Any time that water has been sitting in a certain area for an extended amount of time, there is a chance that mold has started to grow. It doesn’t matter if it’s a leaky pipe or there was standing water on the floor for several days, it makes sense to make the call. In some instances, there may not be any mold. However, if the mold has even started to grow, seeking early treatment prevents it from spreading. Once it spreads, the cost of remediation increases.

Unusual Odors

Mold isn’t always something that can be seen by the average person when walking into a room. However, mold usually creates a certain type of odor that can alert a homeowner to the problem. If there is anything like a moldy smell, a mold detection company should be called. This is especially true if the smell is coming from more than one location within the home.

Physical Symptoms

There are a wide range of symptoms that a person can experience if he or she comes into contact with the mold. This can be a real problem as certain symptoms can continue to progress and even worsen over time. If anyone inside the home is experiencing physical symptoms, a Mold Detector in Ashburn VA is a must. This includes cold-like symptoms, runny nose, sinus headaches, and even hives.

Don’t let the cost of mold treatment prevent you from making the call. Take advantage of the services offered by PMSI Mold Treatment Division and get your home looked at as soon as possible. If you’ve had a water leak or flooding, if you’ve noticed unusual odors, or if someone in your home has been experiencing some of the symptoms of mold exposure, it’s time to get your residence tested.

Be the first to like.

Share
    Shares