There are many benefits to choosing payroll outsourcing services. Two of the primary reasons businesses of varying sizes outsource include saving time and money. However, not all companies offering these types of services are the same, and they don’t offer the same level of service. It can be beneficial to look for some specific details when hiring a firm to handle the payroll for your company.
Look for These Things in a Payroll Service
- Primary Features: Payroll outsourcing services will obviously handle payroll processing, but there are things to be offered along with that service, including various pay options like direct deposit, paper check or prepaid debit cards. They should process and handle tax obligations, garnishments if they occur, manage paid-time-off data, detailed payroll reports, unemployment insurance and worker’s compensation if needed.
- Easy to Use: You should be able to understand the services being offered. If it’s too complex to understand, try another company. They should offer an easy-to-use interface that lets you quickly add employee information into the system quickly.
- Integrations: Their programs should integrate easily with programs already in use inside your company, such as attendance and time systems or accounting software programs.
- Secure: The payroll outsourcing services you choose should use cloud-based storage. Ask if the provider has outages often and how often their server is down for maintenance.
Other Questions to Ask
Providers may have a variety of offerings and several add-on services. Here are a few questions to ask about their services:
- How often do they update their tax tables for IRS compliance?
- Do they provide services for other clients in your industry?
- Are they able to integrate with the benefits you offer employees?
- Do they have a plan for handling the needs of your business as the company grows?
- What security measures do they offer to ensure your data is safe?
Is it time to let the professionals handle your payroll? We can provide many time-saving and money-saving benefits. Visit the Innovative Employee Solutions website to learn more about how we can help you succeed.