Epoxy flooring is frequently used for industrial and commercial floors. It’s highly durable in even demanding environments and can update commercial spaces and protect concrete floors from spills, cracks, moisture and chemicals. Lifecycle costs are very low while strength and aesthetics make commercial epoxy flooring an excellent solution for many types of industry.
Epoxy Flooring Aesthetics
Just as they are cost-effective and practical, epoxy flooring is also a beautiful application. Also known as flake, fleck or chips, epoxy consists of water-based resin along with additives, minerals and pigments. Texture and appearance can be optimized through custom blending with 100’s of color-styles.
Here are significant and beneficial characteristics of commercial epoxy flooring in Boston, MA.
- Wear and Abrasion Resistant: In contrast to many floors that show stains, foot traffic and tears, epoxy floors look clean and professional for years.
- High Tensile Strength: Because it bonds fully with concrete, floors can support heavy equipment and shelving, making epoxy flooring ideal for warehouses and auto shops.
- Easy to Maintain: Epoxy flooring is unique in that it’s seamless, handles harsh cleaners and requires no waxing.
- Hygienic: Lack of seams minimizes trapping of pathogens and dirt, making epoxy floors suitable for commercial kitchens, nursing homes and even operating rooms.
- Chemical Resistance: Epoxy flooring’s chemical resistance makes it a top selection for manufacturing, where it needs to withstand gasoline, oil, fats, dairy, salt and other corrosives.
Talk to an Epoxy Flooring Specialist
A professional specializing in commercial epoxy flooring in Boston, MA, with decades of experience and 100’s of colors can create durable and aesthetically-pleasing solutions for industrial floors. Call Saulnier Epoxy Floors.