Many people have varying reasons for wishing to avoid products like sunscreen and insect repellents that contain deet as an active ingredient. No matter your reasons, you may be among those that prefer to use things like deet free insect repellent rather than the more common products that include this particular chemical.
Some of the reasons a person might prefer a deet free insect repellent over their more common alternatives may include things like:
- Allergic reactions to deet –
- If you have an allergy to deet, in some cases it doesn’t matter how high the concentration of this chemical is in the products you are using. Even exposure to the smallest amounts of deet can trigger reactions such as itching, red and irritated skin, and possibly even swelling of the affected areas. As deet is also known to be absorbed into the blood stream and some internal organs, people with a serious allergy may find themselves in danger after exposure to the chemical.
- Sensitive skin-
- Even if you do not have a deet allergy, you may simply have sensitive skin that reacts more strongly to the use of certain types of chemicals. This does not necessarily constitute an allergic reaction but can still be a reason to avoid chemicals of this nature.
- Some people believe that deet may be unsafe, even if they are not allergic –
- Although there have yet to be any conclusive studies to prove the potential dangers, deet has been proven to be easily absorbed through the skin and into bodily systems such as the blood streams and even some internal organs. People with concerns over the possible effects of a chemical that is classified as a pesticide being introduced to their internal systems may find cause for concern.deet free insect repellent
- Some individuals may simply prefer more natural and organic options –
- There are those among us that simply prefer to use natural and organic products, including foods, cleaning supplies, and even sunscreens and insect repellents. A person that exhibits this particular preference will most certainly want to avoid products with deet as an active ingredient. Although it has not been proven to be an unsafe substance to human beings, aside from those that exhibit an allergic reaction, it is definitely not something that can be classified as either natural or organic. Visit the website to know more.