Changing Your Car Registration When You Move To California

Changing Your Car Registration When You Move To California

If you are moving to California and you have a vehicle than you will have to consider car registration in California. This is something that you should consider doing right away because California, like many other states, has a limit on how long that you can wait to do your car registration once you move there. Here are some things that you should know about car registration.


The first thing that you should know about Car Registration California is what the requirements are. You can contact the local DMV to find out what the requirements are in your area. They can tell you or send out a list for all of the information that you will need to bring with you in order to change your registration. Some of the things that you might need are a valid form of identification, such as your driver’s license, and copy of the title so that they know that you own the vehicle. You will also need to bring a form of payment with you to the DMV.
The Whole Process

Once you have collected all of the documents that are needed in order for you to register your car, you will be able to head on down to your local DMV. You will need to fill out a change of application form and submit it with copies of all of the documentation needed. It might take a couple of weeks after you submit all of the information for you to receive the new registration. If you need it, the DMV will be able to print out a temporary registration that you can use to prove that your vehicle is registered until your new registration arrives.

Where You Should Go

If you have just moved to a new, state you will need to visit your local DMV in person in order to register your vehicle. If you have lived in the area for a few years you will be able to do all of it online and save yourself the time and hassle of going to the DMV in person. If you have recently purchased a new vehicle, the dealer will take care of that year’s registration for you.

When You Move Between States

When you move from one state to another you will need to change your registration on your vehicle, whether it is about to run out or not; most of the time you will only have a few months in order to get it changed. This process will be the same as if you are renewing your registration and you will also receive new license plates to reflect the change in states.

Be the first to like.