There are three main professions within the electrician field, commercial, industrial, and residential. While many play an important role throughout society, one of the more commonly sought after is a Residential Electrician in Scranton PA. A residential electrician performs electrical work within homes and has many responsibilities to ensure the power supply to the home is in well working condition.
Responsibilities of a Residential Electrician
• Planning- A residential electrician is involved with planning the electrical design within a home setting. They determine the placement of electrical outlets, lighting fixtures and, where the heating and air conditioning or other ventilation systems will be placed. An electrician may also plan where the circuit breaker and temporary power systems are needed to be placed for new construction.
• Installation- Residential electricians are responsible for installing electrical systems within new and existing homes. They are responsible for making sure all of the electrical codes are in compliance. An electrician is also responsible for making sure the power is safely and properly distributed from the power source to the main circuit breaker as well as throughout the rest of the home.
• Repair- Homeowners will call a Residential Electrician in Scranton PA when an electrical system is needed to be repaired, replaced, or updated. An electrician will be able to diagnose any issues that may arise and prevent further problems from happening.
Many residential projects an electrician will encounter are as followed:
• Adding an outlet
• Updating a circuit breaker
• Adding outdoor lighting
Hiring an Electrician
When the time comes to hire an electrician, research combined with a few questions can ensure the best professional is hired.
Following are a few steps to take prior to hiring.
• Costs- It is important to become familiar with the typical costs per hour for electrical work. Be sure to become well knowledged in the costs specific to the project needed. Knowing what charges to expect will allow for a proper determination of a budget.
• Reviews- Read reviews online and ask for referrals and references as family or friends. Reviews make it easier to narrow down the search.
• Bids- Receive a bid from multiple companies and be sure to check the credentials for all of them to ensure they are legally able to operate.
Electrical work should be left to the professionals to ensure a job is done correctly and safely. For more information on what an electrician can do for your home, Click Here today.